Vegan Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes; the perfect recipe for PB & J sandwich lovers. A Salty, sweet and sour combo that will leave your tastebuds craving more. This pancake stack is indulgent and fruity topped off with smooth peanut butter that is much like liquid gold. This is an easy and delicious recipe to make on Pancake Day and one for your fellow PB Jelly lovers.
Vegan Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes: Ingredients
2 cups of oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp of Vegan protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of dairy-free milk
4 tbsp of smooth peanut butter
Raspberry Jelly Coulis
150g of raspberries
1 tsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of date or maple syrup
Vegan Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes: Method
- In a blender, blitz the oats, baking powder, protein powder and cinnamon.
- Next add the dairy-free milk, banana, vanilla extract and blend until smooth. Leave to set for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken.
- In a non-stick saucepan, add the 150g of raspberries (minus a few to garnish), squeeze of lemon and date syrup and heat. After 3-5 minutes the raspberries will soften and form a coulis.
- In a frying pan heat 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil and drop a spoonful of pancake mix into the pan. When bubbles appear on the surface flip until both sides are golden.
- Serve with a smear of smooth peanut butter between each pancake and drizzle atop the coulis. The warm coulis will melt the peanut butter and create a marble swirl. PB & Jelly, eat your heart out!
What is your favourite pancake topping combo?