What better way to satisfy chocolate and pastry cravings with Vegan Chocolate Twists. Ready in less than 20 minutes, they not only taste delicious but require minimal ingredients. Jus Rol pastry make these dark chocolate twists an easy throw together treat and something to share with your loved ones. What’s more, it’s a great way to use up your remaining Vegan chocolate from the festive period!
Easy Vegan Chocolate Twists: INGREDIENTS
1 pack of Jus Roll Shortcrust Sheet Ready Rolled pastry
50g of Dark Chocolate (I used a Hotel Chocolat Tiddly Pot pieces!)
1 tsp of brown sugar
1 tsp of cocoa powder
Easy Vegan Chocolate Twists: METHOD
- Unbox the pastry, remove packaging and lay onto a flat surface for 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water into a saucepan and place a glass or ceramic bowl over the top to replicate a bain marie. Heat on a medium flame and add the chocolate pieces to the bowl.
- Continuously stir the chocolate until melted. Remove from heat and allow to stand.
- Next, cut the large pastry sheet in half. On one half, cover the surface in the melted chocolate up to the edges.
- Then, lay the remaining pastry sheet on top of the melted chocolate and slice into 4 or 5 even pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cocoa powder and mix. Use a sieve to evenly sprinkle the mixture over the pastry strips for a dusted look.
- Carefully twist the sandwiched pastry strips and lay on the parchment paper ready to go in the oven.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 15 minutes until golden.
Enjoy warm with a cup of hot chocolate and eat in front of your favourite movie!
Have you made homemade vegan chocolate twists before?