With a whopping 25g of protein, this tofu scramble recipe will no doubt keep you full until lunch time. Great as a post-workout meal or filling breakfast, it is bursting with flavour and provides essential antioxidants to keep your body healthy and happy.
Tofu Scramble Ingredients
1/2 block of firm tofu
1/2 tsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of turmeric
1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
salt and pepper to season
1 tsp of Pure dairy free spread
2 slices of granary toast
1 tsp of sesame oil
5 button mushrooms
a handful of spinach
Tofu Scramble Method
1. Begin by chopping the tofu into small chunks and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Next, add the spices, salt and pepper and the nutritional yeast and mix with a fork.
3. Lightly break up the tofu into tiny pieces and mix thoroughly.
4. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the tofu mixture.
5. Cook on a medium heat for 4-5 minute until piping hot.
In another pan, heat the sesame oil and add the chopped button mushrooms. Add the spinach and stir until sautéed. Serve alongside the tofu scramble on two slices of lightly buttered granary toast.