The Pumpkin Spiced Lattes have been sipped, the crisp Autumn leaves crunched and the hats and scarves reincarnated. Autumn is finally here and it happens to be my favourite season of all. Just as the stews and hearty meals are making a comeback, I am ensuring that warm spices are making an appearance in as many meals as possible starting with porridge.
My perfect Autumn banana spiced porridge captures the warmth of cinnamon and nutmeg perfectly. The combination of creamy oat milk and caramelised bananas makes this heavenly. You will only need minimal ingredients, most of which you will find in your cupboard.
1/3 cup of oats
1/2 cup of Oatly oat milk
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/3 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 a ripe banana sliced longways
1 tsp of brown muscovado sugar
- Begin by adding the brown sugar to a non-stick frying pan on a low heat with a teaspoon of water.
- Next add the sliced bananas to the sugar mix and allow to brown
- In a non-stick saucepan, add the oats and oat milk and stir. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg to give the dish warmth.
- Turn the bananas after 3-4 minutes and allow the other side to brown. Add a dash more water if the sugar begins to stick
- Keep stirring the porridge until it bubbles and thickens and is of a smoother consistency.
- Serve the caramelised bananas on top of the porridge and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon to finish!
What is your favourite Autumnal breakfast?