From wok to bowl in less than 15 minutes, this sweet chilli peanut tofu stir fry is a great weeknight meal. Read on to find out how you make the winning sauce.
Sweet Chilli Peanut Tofu Stir Fry
Prep time: 5 mins Serves 2
-3 tbsp of Meridan peanut butter
-3 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
-2 tbsp of soy sauce
-100 ml of water
Supermarket own stir fry kit -red pepper, mushroom or edamame
flat rice noodles
thumb-sized piece of ginger chopped
2 tsp of sesame oil
1/2 block of firm Tofu pressed
1.Firstly, slice the firm Tofu into long strips and press for 5-10 minutes. If you do not have a press, wrap the Tofu in kitchen roll and sandwich between two chopping boards with pans for added weight.
2. Meanwhile, In a frying pan heat 1 tsp of the sesame oil and lightly brown the chopped ginger. Add the stir fry mix to the ginger and cook on a medium to high heat.
3. Whilst cooking, in a separate bowl mix the sauce ingredients together until a watery consistency is reached and leave aside.
4. In another saucepan, heat the remaining sesame oil until boiling hot. Add the Tofu pieces and lightly fry, turning after 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the flat rice noodles in with the stir fry vegetables and stir.
6. Add the peanut sauce and coat all contents.
7.Warm through on a low to medium heat to prevent sticking.
8. Serve and add the Tofu pieces on top!