Vegan Mexican Fajita Bowls
Inspired by a Deliciously Ella recipe, these vegan-friendly, Mexican fajita bowls are packed full of flavour, healthy fats and hearty carbs. We can’t get enough of the Wahaca Tomato and Chipotle Marinade which is the star of the show within this Mexican recipe.
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of olive oil
6 chestnut mushrooms
1 red pepper
4-5 spring onions
2-3 handfuls of spinach
a tin of black eyed beans
1 sachet of Wahaca marinade
1 medium avocado
1 small red chilli
3/4 cup of dried brown rice
1 tbsp of Oatly creme fraiche
- Begin by setting the brown rice to boil on a medium heat in a saucepan with a tight lid.
2. Meanwhile, mince the garlic cloves and add to a pan with the olive oil and paprika. Once the garlic is cooked, chop the mushrooms, pepper and spring onions and add to the pan.
3. Next, drain the black eyed beans and rinse. Add the Wahaca sauce to the vegetables and cook over a low heat. Cover with a lid to allow to soften and gently marinade.
4. Whilst the sauce cooks, de-stone and mash the avocado in a bowl with half a lime and the thinly diced red chilli. Season with salt and pepper and some chilli flakes if you wish.
5. After 30 minutes, drain and rinse the brown rice and serve with the vegetables and guacamole.
6. Add heat with jalepenos and balance the spice with a dollop of Oatly creme fraiche to ease the heat.