The easy vegan ramen noodle bowls are bursting with oriental flavours. the ginger, chilli and garlic compliment the noodle broth and are ready from pan to bowl in less than 30 minutes.
Easy Vegan Ramen Noodle Bowls
2 cloves of garlic
1 medium fresh red chilli
thumb-size piece of ginger
5 chestnut mushrooms
1/2 a red pepper
4 spring onions
6 mange tout pods
4 baby corn
2 handfuls of spinach
1 Vegetable stock cube
1 tsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
2 packs of ramen noodles or instant noodles
1. Begin by mincing the cloves of garlic and thinly slicing the ginger, discarding the outer skin. On a medium flame, heat the sesame oil in a pan and add.
2. Next, chop the mushrooms, spring onion and pepper and add to the pan to lightly fry.
3. In a jug, dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 600ml of boiling water. Then, in a saucepan on a low heat, pour the stock cube mixture over the dry ramen noodles and allow to soften.
4. After 2-3 minutes, add the cooked vegetables, the handfuls of spinach and the raw mange tout and baby corn. De-seed and thinly chop the red chilli and add to the broth.
5. Simmer until the noodles are cooked through and serve with a drizzle of soy sauce. You can add Tofu chunks for an extra protein boost or sprinkle with roasted cashews for added crunch.
Here I served the ramen bowl alongside Itsu Vegetable Fusion Gyoza’s that you can find in the frozen section of Tesco.