Vegan Protein Pancakes With A Cacao and Peanut Butter Drizzle
These are the best Vegan protein pancakes you will ever try. Seriously. In my opinion, a stack of pancakes is heaven on earth especially when they are made from all natural ingredients. Having tried and tested many recipes, these may be the lightest and fluffiest kind to date. With an added boost from Pulsin’s Premium Quality Vegan Rice Protein Powder, these make a great post-workout breakfast. The chocolatey sauce is a change from the traditional maple syrup, made from raw cacao powder and peanut butter – this is both indulgent and nutritious.
1 cup of oats
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp of protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of hemp milk or a dairy-free milk of choice
Cacao & Peanut Butter Drizzle
1 heaped tsp of raw cacao powder
1 tsp of maple syrup
tsp of peanut butter
- Begin by adding the oats, baking powder, protein powder and cinnamon to the blender. Blitz until a flour-like consistency is formed.
- Then, add the banana, vanilla extract and dairy-free milk and blend until smooth. Leave to set for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken.
- Whilst the mix thickens, you can begin on the nutty chocolate sauce. Add the raw cacao powder, peanut butter and maple syrup into a small bowl and stir. Mix until runny and add a drop of water if it is too thick.
- Finally, heat 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil in a non-stick pan and drop a tablespoon of mixture into the middle. Flip when bubbles appear on the surface and continue until the mixture is gone!
- Serve with your choice of fruit and the nutty cacao drizzle.